"Spirituality Without Borders" Nestled among tall trees on a lake on Vancouver Island in Canada, the Bethlehem Centre is a small, all-inclusive conference facility focused on spirituality and leadership. Call us to find out more about our programs and events, or how we can work with you to provide a nurturing environment for your next gathering.
Situated on 7 acres of wooded parkland, tucked away on Vancouver Island in Canada the Bethlehem Centre offers a beautiful, peaceful environment, with 37 “cottage-at-the-lake” style rooms and full meal service, that is conducive to nurturing creativity and spiritual path-making. Many charitable and faith-based organizations have successfully organized events at the Centre. Our mandate is to work with you and your group to make sure that your needs for development are met. We have two streams of programming: the first are programs that we develop and offer at the Centre. We welcome outside proposals for these programs, which are reviewed for inclusion by our program committee. The second type of programming we offer is collaboration with groups that fit our mandate and/or are registered charities.
If your program idea is outside our mandate or is not associated with a charity, we may have room at times when our regular programming is not active. Please give us a call to check availability.
- Daily morning contemplative meditation
- Yoga class every Wednesday at 1:30 PM
- Faith-based, leadership and community programs
- 37 bedrooms, 44 beds (7 rooms have two twins), many rooms with double beds
- Three meals per day included with your stay in our dining room overlooking the lake
- 6 meeting rooms (capacity 12-100)
- An outdoor labyrinth based on the Chartres Cathedral design
- Forest walking paths & Westwood Lake Trail (6.5 km walk or run)
- A swimming beach, 5 minutes walk from the Centre
- A library focused on spirituality and faith
- Grounds that include a contained ecosystem pond, vegetable garden and large lawn areas
- A gift shop
- The Godden Finger Labyrinth Museum
- Close proximity to downtown Nanaimo and all major transportation including BC Ferries, Nanaimo Airport and Greyhound Bus.